We are hiring! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have medical office experience? Are you looking a full-time job? Do you speak Spanish?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more about the position….
Medical Front Office Staff operate as members of a care team coordinating and providing services while maintaining patient flow to ensure continuous, coordinated, quality care in an orderly and timely manner.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
1. Check telephone messages continually and process the requests
2. Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate registration data without delay. This requires same day electronic record entry of updates of all demographics
3. Interacts with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural and linguistic needs
4. Reviews insurance restrictions and/or billing issues with patient
5. Prepare new patient record/charts. Verify that older records/charts have all needed forms and current demographics
6. Proactively contacts adult patients who have broken/missed appointments, and informs provider(s) following current policy/procedure fo rno-shows. Process requests from Pediatricians for minor patients who have broken/missed appointments, and informs provider(s).
7. Confirm all patients for upcoming appointments through automated system or directly when necessary. Schedule appropriate follow-up appointments.
8. Enters client information into an automated electronic health record system. Maintains accurate documentation regarding all information received and actions taken
9. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of AIHS service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of our care teams
10. Ensures all appropriate registration, notices and consent forms are completed, signed, and provided to Medical Records for scanning into the electronic chart
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION DO I NEED?
· High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
WHAT TYPE OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. One (1) year experience in medical office or clinic
2. The ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish
3. Experience in using electronic health records
4. Provide excellent customer service to a variety of individuals with diverse socioeconomic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds
5. Communicate with clients in a clear, concise and helpful manner, in person and on the telephone
6. Maintain accurate records and files
7. Maintain composure in sensitive and pressured situations
8. Possess excellent organizational skills
9. Be compassionate to the needs of others
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health& Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4%employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $20.00 per hour
Increased infection control measures, masks and appropriate PPE provided and required, daily temperature and symptom checks for employees, visitors and patients, upgraded ventilation systems. COVID vaccination required (or valid exemption).