WE ARE HIRING!
Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have Human Resources and Finance Experience?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources & Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting with all HR departmental functions including employee onboarding, payroll and benefits. Also supports Senior Accountant with Financial departmental functions including month end closing, processing journal entries/checks and assisting in annual audits. Assists the Human Resources Manager and Senior Accountant with special projects. Works closely with senior management.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
High school diploma or equivalent.
Valid California Drivers License
At least 2 years of experience in human resource and finance support activities including benefits, payroll, journal entries, and accounts payable.
- 1-2 years of experience in general Human Resources functions
- Understanding of basic HR principles, processes, and employment laws
- Understanding of basic finance processes and principles
- Excellent understanding of confidentiality as it pertains to Human Resources and Finance
- Excellent understanding and experience in payroll processes
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal business communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package for full-time employees, including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 – $30.00 per hour