WE ARE HIRING!
Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have medic al records experience? Are you a Registered Health Information Technician?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
We are seeking an experienced individual to work full time (40 hours weekly Monday-Friday) in the medical records department of our healthcare center. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and skills in medical records, and be a Registered Health Information Technician. This is an onsite only position, and remote work will not be considered.
The Health Information Technician (HIT) is primarily responsible for management of patients’ health care records. The Health Information Technician collects, compiles, processes and makes available to authorized users health records. The HIT prioritizes, locates, pulls, assembles, electronically tracks, and appropriately transports records requested by authorized users in accordance with established standards. HIT will take an active role in the effective development and utilization of the electronic record management system. HIT will have the responsibility of day to day scanning of health record documents into the AIH&S computerized record management system. There are four (4) areas of focus for the AIHS Health Information Technician:
1. Health Record Management & Release of Information
2. Scan & Import records
3. Patient Portal
4. Health Information Exchange
Timeliness, accuracy, privacy and organizational skills are essential to ensure that information becomes available for patient care. Communication skills are required to properly coordinate record transfers, follow-up, scanning, and indexing functions with clinical team members. The accuracy of entering/capturing workload and assuring the completeness of health records are critical components of this position. Computer skills are necessary to carry out duties associated with the transferring of information to other health care facilities, and third parties. Must be alert to detail and very attentive in accomplishing tasks associated with scanning to ensure documents are scanned to the correct patients electronic health record, the correct document category and document type for immediate accessibility or retrieval.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of healthcare operations
3. Knowledge and experience with document imaging best practices and standards
4. Excellent telephone and communication skills. Must be polite and helpful at all times. Must demonstrate superior professionalism when dealing with clients, staff, and third parties.
5. The ability to read, write and speak English (Spanish also is preferred)
6. Experience with Electronic Health/Medical Records processes and procedures
7. Experience with an electronic health record system required
8. College courses in Health Information Science preferred.
9. Minimum two years experience in a medical records clinic setting
10. Registered Health Information Technician preferred
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
The starting salary range for this position is $24.00 – $27.00 hourly depending on experience. This is a non-exempt position, and is eligible for overtime.
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package for full-time employees, including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)