WE ARE HIRING!
Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have facilities assistant/ janitorial experience?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
The Facilities Assistant performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining the medical, dental, and administration buildings, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary. The schedule for this position is up to 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day. May include Saturdays or evening work. This is a non-exempt position and is eligible for overtime.
_WHO WOULD I BE WORKING FOR?
American Indian Health & Services is a Santa Barbara based, non-profit organization where we provide quality medical, dental, pediatric and behavioral health services to all members of our community. Founded in 1994, our community clinic has served the Central-Coast’s healthcare needs for over twenty five years. Our patient-centered medical home model organizes primary care in a manner that emphasizes care coordination and communication between the patient and provider and outside specialists. We cultivate more engaging patient relationships and achieve better health outcomes by putting patients’ needs first. Our doctors are leading the way in providing higher quality care at lower costs, and improving overall experience in primary healthcare.
1. Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, in administration building and clinics.
2. Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
3. Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
4. Dusts furniture and equipment.
5. Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
6. Performs touch up and finish painting.
7. Empties wastebaskets
8. Replenishes restroom supplies.
9. Replaces light bulbs.
10. Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms.
11. Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to various departments.
12. Understanding of OSHA requirements related to Health Facility.
13. Uses company vehicles for various purposes, including traveling between offices, transporting items, and running job related errands.
1. Speak, read, and write English fluently
2. Basic computer skills
3. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
4. Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
5. Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training.
6. Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 25-50 pounds.
7. Valid Driver’s License
8. Knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems desired but not required
9. Knowledge of HVAC troubleshooting and repairs desired but not required
10. Attention to detail
11. Ability to work independently and contribute effectively to the facility management team.
12. Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
High School diploma or equivalent and 5+ years related work experience desired but not required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read general operational manuals and safety documents desired but not required.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to requests and questions from managers and co-workers.
Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package for full-time employees, including:
– 14 paid holidays per year (holidays paid after 90 days)
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour