We are hiring! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have dental office experience? Are you looking a full-time job?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more about the position….
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
1. Check telephone messages continually and process the requests
2. Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate registration data without delay. This requires same day electronic record entry of updates of all demographics
3. Interacts with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural and linguistic needs
4. Reviews insurance restrictions and/or billing issues with patient
5. Prepare new patient record/charts. Verify that older records/charts have all needed forms and current demographics
6. Confirm all patients for upcoming appointments through automated system or directly when necessary. Schedule appropriate follow-up appointments. Contact patients who have broken/missed appointments
7. Enters client information into an automated electronic health record system. Maintains accurate documentation regarding all information received and actions taken
8. Ensures all appropriate registration, notices and consent forms are completed, signed, and provided to Medical Records for scanning into the electronic chart
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION DO I NEED?
· High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
WHAT TYPE OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. One (1) year experience in medical or dental office or clinic
2. The ability to read, write and speak English
3. The ability to read, write and speak Spanish also is preferred but not required
4. Experience in using electronic health records
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health& Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4%employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 – $18.00 per hour
Increased infection control measures, N95 masks and other appropriate PPE provided and required, daily temperature and symptom checks for employees, visitors and patients, upgraded ventilation systems and aerosol prevention.