WE ARE HIRING!
Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have non-profit Chief Financial Officer experience?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
We are seeking an experienced CFO to work full time (40 hours weekly Monday-Friday) in the Finance department of our healthcare center. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in senior finance management level experience in non-profit and specific experience with grants. This is an onsite only position, and remote work will not be considered.
The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results and report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
GENERAL DUTIES include:
Strategy, Planning and Management
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
Financial Relations and Policies
- Maintain effective control over, and accountability for, all funds, property, and other assets in order to adequately safeguard all such assets and ensure that they are used solely for authorized purposes.
- Maintain written policies and procedures in place to ensure the appropriate use of Federal funds in compliance with applicable Federal statutes, regulations, and the terms and conditions of the Federal award.
- Develop and utilize financial management and control systems in accordance with sound financial management procedures which ensure at a minimum:
- The fiscal integrity of grant financial transactions and reports; and
- Ongoing compliance with Federal statutes, regulations, and the terms and conditions of the Health Center Program award or designation.
- Maintain the health center’s financial management system to specifically identify in its accounts all Federal awards, including the Federal award made under the Health Center Program, received and expended and the Federal programs under which they were received. This financial management system must also provide for all of the following:
- Accurate, current, and complete disclosure of the financial results of each Federal award or program in accordance with the reporting requirements
- Records that identify the source (receipt) and application (expenditure) of funds for federally-funded activities. These records must contain information pertaining to Federal awards, authorizations, obligations, unobligated balances, assets, expenditures, income, and interest, and be supported by source documentation
- Written procedures that minimize the time elapsing between the transfer of Federal award funds from HHS and the disbursement of these funds by the health center
- Written procedures for assuring that expenditures of Federal award funds are allowable in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Federal award and with the Federal Cost Principles
- Oversee a single or program-specific audit
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- CPA Required
- Background in Public Accounting
- 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a nonprofit.
- 14+ years total accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and grant reporting.
- “Hands On” MIP ISolved experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
This is a 40 hour per week, onsite, exempt position, with a salary range of $175,000 – $200,000 DOE. This position will supervisor other members of the finance department.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER.
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package for full-time employees, including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 6.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)