WE ARE HIRING! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Are you an experienced Registered Dental Assistant?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more about the position….
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment. Develop favorable relationships with all patients. Instruct patients and their family members on general oral health care and/ or information related to post- treatment care as appropriate, in a friendly and professional manner. Provide service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age; demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs. Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding patient population.
2. Ensure all patient records and related documents are managed and maintained timely, accurately, and consistently with all HIPAA and related requirements. Read, write, and maintain patient records and related administrative documentation. Utilize electronic health records systems, for patient data and records management. Ensure all patient services and billing information is collected and submitted timely and accurately.
4. Collect and record patient health histories (dental and medical) and record information for dentist’s reference prior to examination.
5. Prepare and maintain dental instruments, materials and equipment.
6. Assist dentist chair-side by organizing and preparing instruments for dentist’s use and assisting as needed during procedures.
8. Demonstrate knowledge and the ability to expand knowledge of dental procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials.
CLINICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Mouth mirror inspection of oral cavity, to include charting of obvious lesions, existing restorations and missing teeth
- Placement and removal of temporary sedative dressings
- Obtain endodontic cultures
- Dry canals, previously opened by the supervising dentist, with absorbent points
- Test pulp vitality
- Place bases and liners on sound dentin
- Remove excess cement from gingival surfaces of teeth with a hand instrument or floss
- Size stainless steel crowns, bands and fabrication of temporary crowns
- Temporary cementation and removal of orthodontics bands
- Placement of orthodontic separators
- Placements and ligation of arch wires
- Placement of post-extraction periodontal dressing
- Adjust dentures extraorally
- Coronal polishing
- Removal of excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth by ultrasonic means
- Sealant placement
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least one year as a Dental Assistant
3. Current Registered Dental Assistant California license
4. Coronal polish, Sealant and Ultrasonic scaling certificates
- IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY! *
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $21.00 per hour
Neutral air system and extra-oral suction units for all chairs. Employee and patient temperature, symptom and exposure checks required. Increased sterilization for procedures in place. All PPE provided. COVID vaccination or weekly testing required.