WE ARE HIRING Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Are you an experienced Medical Assistant?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
FLSA Status: [Non-Exempt}
Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/ week, Monday-Friday, 8 hour shifts
The Medical Assistant operates as a member of a care team coordinating and providing services within the scope of certification while maintaining patient flow to ensure continuous, coordinated, quality care in an orderly and timely manner. Prepares the patient for the Physician or Mid-Level Provider and assists with treatment/exam. Assigned other duties such as laboratory procedures, maintains medical supplies and maintains treatment rooms and equipment.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. Possession of a Medical Assistant Certificate issued by an accredited institution approved by the State of California; or A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
2. A high school diploma or GED
3. Current CPR certification
4. TWO (2) YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A BACK OFFICE MEDICAL ASSISTANT
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee compensation package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Daily temperature, symptom and exposure checks on all staff, visitor and patients, N95s and other appropriate PPE provided, company provided and industrially laundered scrubs, improved cleanliness/sanitization procedures in clinic and the admin building.