WE ARE HIRING! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Are you an experienced Medical Assistant? Are you fluent in both English and Spanish?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
FLSA Status: [Non-Exempt}
Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/ week, Monday-Friday
The Medical Assistant prepares the patient for the medical provider, takes vitals, assists with treatment/exam, performs vaccinations and IM injections. Other duties include updating patient charts, following up with patients regarding their visits, minor laboratory procedures, maintaining medical supplies and maintains treatment rooms and equipment.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION DO I NEED?
1. Possession of a Medical Assistant Certificate issued by an accredited institution approved by the State of California; or A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
2. A high school diploma or GED
3. Current CPR certification
WHAT TYPE OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
Fluent in English and Spanish
At least one year of working as a medical assistant in a healthcare setting.
Ability to clearly follow physician’s instructions.
Ability to interact with patients while respecting cultural differences.
Maintain clinical knowledge with scope of certification.
Ability to work and make decisions under stress situations when necessary.
Ability to work with minimum supervision and cooperate with other staff.
Ability to access and utilize clinical references as appropriate through the electronic health care system and corporate chosen evidence based guidelines.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
Daily temperature, symptom and exposure checks. N95s and other appropriate PPE provided, company provided and industrially laundered scrubs, improved cleanliness/sanitization procedures. Must be COVID vaccinated or have a medical or religious exemption.