Our Dental Front Office staff operate as members of a team coordinating and providing patient administrative services while maintaining patient flow to ensure continuous, coordinated, quality care in an orderly and timely manner.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate registration data. This requires same day electronic health record entry of updates of all demographics
Interacts with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural and linguistic needs
Review insurance restrictions and/or billing issues with patient
Prepare new patient record/charts. Verify that older records/charts have all needed forms and current demographics
Proactively contact adult patients who have broken/missed appointments, and informs provider(s) following current policy/procedure for no-shows.
Confirm all patients for upcoming appointments through automated system or directly when necessary. Schedule appropriate follow-up appointments.
Ensure all appropriate registration, notices and consent forms are completed, signed, and provided to Medical Records for scanning into the electronic chart
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION DO I NEED?
· High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
WHAT TYPE OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. One (1) year experience in dental office or clinic
2. The ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish fluently
3. Experienced in using electronic health records
4. Communicate with clients in a clear, concise and helpful manner, in person and on the telephone
5. Maintains composure in sensitive and pressured situations
6. Possesses excellent organizational skills
7. Is compassionate to the needs of others
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health& Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
Increased infection control measures, N95 masks and other appropriate PPE provided and required, daily temperature, exposure and symptom checks for employees, visitors and patients, upgraded ventilation systems and aerosol disease prevention equipment.