WE ARE HIRING! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Are you an experienced Dental Assistant?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more about the position….
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Provide quality care and services to patients by assisting dentists and other staff in a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Affect the efficiency and productivity of patient flow through timely, accurate and professional preparation of patients and patient information, including taking and processing x-rays.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment.
2. Ensure all patient records and related documents are managed and maintained timely, accurately, and consistently with all HIPAA and related requirements. Read, write, and maintain patient records and related administrative documentation. Utilize electronic health records systems, for patient data and records management.
3. Ensure all patient services and billing information is collected and submitted timely and accurately.
4. Collect and record patient health histories (dental and medical) and record information for dentist’s reference prior to examination.
5. Prepare and maintain dental instruments, materials and equipment.
6. Assist dentist chair-side by organizing and preparing instruments for dentist’s use and assisting as needed during procedures.
7. Advise patients in oral hygiene and dental care.
8. Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding patient population. Provide service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age; demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs.
9. Demonstrate knowledge and the ability to expand knowledge of dental procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2.Radiation safety certification or successful completion of a radiation safety course.
3. 8 hour infection control course
4. At least one year as a Dental Assistant
- IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY! *
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
Neutral air system and extra-oral suction units for all chairs. Employee and patient temperature, symptom and exposure checks required. Increased sterilization for procedures in place. All PPE provided. COVID vaccination or weekly testing required.