WE ARE HIRING!
Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have 3-5 years of accounting experience?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
We are seeking an experienced individual to work full-time, 35-40 hours per week, in the finance department of our healthcare center. This is an onsite only position, and remote work will not be considered.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in:
1. Substantiating business transactions.
2. Verifying and preparing journal entries to general ledger recording details of business transactions, such as: funds received and disbursed; totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
3. Tracking company credit card charges and reconciles statements.
4. Preparing vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, general ledger reconciliations; extracts general ledger information; and balance sheets.
5. Compiling cost revenue reports (Medi-cal/ Medicare, etc.).
6. Reconciling bank statements and petty cash monthly.
7. Monitoring loans, accounts payable, and receivables to ensure that payments are up to date.
8. Coding data for input to financial data processing system.
9. Performing periodic inventory of office equipment and supplies; arranges for surplus equipment to be removed from premises.
10. Processing semi-monthly payroll in conjuction with Human Resources.
11. Assisting with audits by providing supporting schedules as requested by the Company’s outside auditors.
12. Preparing and analyzing department and Grant budgets.
13. Preparing Month End Close and Monthly Financial Reports.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
College degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent experience.
3-5 years of experience in the accounting duties listed above.
Valid California Drivers License
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package for employees working 30 hours or more per week, including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Related keywords: accounting, accounts payable, accounting specialist, accounts receivableCOVID-19 precautions
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Pay: $30.00 – $32.00 per hour DOE