WE ARE HIRING! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have 3-5 years of accounting experience? If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
FLSA Status: [Non-Exempt}
Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/ week, Monday-Friday
The Senior Accountant position has the following primary job responsibilities:
· General Ledger accountability including journal entry and balance sheet account reconciliation preparation for assigned areas, review journal entries and account analysis prepared by staff, and researching variances.
· Prepare accurate and timely financial reports and ensure appropriate accounting procedures and controls.
· Assist and account for Grant Programs and Contracts and related budgets. Perform salary allocation to Grant Programs.
· Works closely with Accounts Payable and related Purchase Order process.
· Assists with automated company credit card processing.
· Assist with indirect cost rate, Medi-Cal, Medicare reporting.
· Assists with Annual Audits by providing supporting schedules.
· Works closely with CFO and other with project related responsibilities to support the organization.
· Assist with Annual Company Budget.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION DO I NEED?
A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred but not required
WHAT TYPE OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
· Minimum of three years of Accounting Experience
· Strong accounting, analytical and organizational skills
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Detail-oriented and possess a high level of accuracy
· Ability to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work
· Intermediate to Advanced experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
· Abila MIP experience is strongly preferred but not required
· Knowledge of Nonprofit/healthcare is preferred but not required
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY! Please send both your resume and cover letter.
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)