Provide primary health care services consistent with the philosophy of American Indian Health & Services.
- Render diagnostic treatment, consultation, referral and emergency and other services to persons serviced, maintaining a productivity rate of 3 patients per hour.
- Develop, review, up-date medical protocols in conjunction with medical staff.
- Responsible for continuity of patient care, referrals for specialty care, patient placement and utilizing community resources.
- Consults with Medical Director on annual budget for equipment, supplies and staffing
- Coordinates and evaluates medical staff and informs Medical Director of problems that affect efficiency of the medical department.
- Assist in the hiring process of medical personnel and make recommendations for position change or dismissal.
- Assist the medical director in maintaining, reviewing and up-dating medical policies and procedures.
- Assist and prepare for the program review by funders including the Indian Health Services, State Indian Health Program, Local Managed Care program.
- Ensure the quality of medical services to all clients
- Participate in committees such as Quality Improvement committees.
- Maintain all required licensing and certification in good standing.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and other assignments per AIH&S policy
- Maintain recognized standards of care
- Provide in service education with staff as needed.
- Actively participates in AIHS QI/QA activities
- Utilizes the Electronic Health Record system of AIHS
- Strives to meet the Meaningful Use requirements, payable to AIHS
- Strives to meet the requirements of NCQA PCMH Level 3
- Participate in after hours call
Graduate of an accredited medical school
Licensed to practice medicine in the State of California
Prefer Board Certification
Prefer experience in an Indian Health Care or community health care setting.
Preference in employment is given to qualified native candidates in accordance with Title 42CFR36.221
Once you have completed the online application, please download this AIHS Job Application, fill it out and mail or deliver to: 4141 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA. Thank you.