The Medical Assistant operates as a member of a care team coordinating and providing services within the scope of certification while maintaining patient flow to ensure continuous, coordinated, quality care in an orderly and timely manner. Prepares the patient for the Physician or Mid Level Provider and assists with treatment/exam. Assigned other duties such as laboratory procedures, maintains medical supplies and maintains treatment rooms and equipment.
EDUCATION AND PREREQUISITE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Possession of a Medical Assistant Certificate issued by an accredited institution approved by the State of California
1. One year of experience working in a health care setting that included direct patient contact; or,
2. A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to one of the employment standards listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
3. Current CPR card.
4. Ability to clearly follow physician’s instructions.
5. Ability to interact with patients while respecting cultural differences.
6. Maintain clinical knowledge with scope of certification.
7. Ability to work and make decisions under stress situations when necessary.
8. Ability to work with minimum supervision and cooperate with other staff.
9. Ability to access and utilize clinical references as appropriate through the electronic health care system and corporate chosen evidence based guidelines.
Compensation: starting at 15$/hr
Once you have completed the online application, please download this AIHS Job Application, fill it out and mail or deliver to: 4141 State Street, Santa Barbara , California. Thank you.