WE ARE HIRING! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more…
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/ week, Monday-Friday or as needed
The Information Security Specialist implements and supports information security initiatives throughout AIH&S. Acts as a focus and resource for the organization’s information security matters. Takes direction from and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer to achieve the goals of the organization. Investigates and recommends secure solutions that implement information security policy and standards. Oversees, implements and monitors the security requirements levied by Federal and State Rules and Regulations.
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Maintain a log of security enhancements and features that have been implemented to further protect all sensitive information and assets held by the organization.
2. Maintain a log of security concerns or confidentiality issues. This log must be maintained on a routine basis and must include the dates of an event, the actions taken to address the event, and recommendations for personnel actions if appropriate.
3.Workforce security management, to authorize a level of minimum necessary access pertaining to job description, revoke access and supervise workforce members who need direct access to information systems to accomplish his or her legitimate job duties or responsibilities.
4. To reduce risks and vulnerabilities to the organization’s information systems containing electronic personal health information and continuously work on the Security Management Process, Risk Analysis and Risk Management Plan, and the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan.
5. Ensure that network firewalls are in place and patches are distributed and implemented in a timely manner in order to mitigate malware, exploitation and other threats, internal or external. Conduct periodic vulnerability assessments/reviews to identify known and potential vulnerabilities.
6. Provide ongoing staff training regarding HIPAA and ePHI security management, password management, malicious software and other threats.
7. Conduct reviews/audits of the organization’s information systems activities, and develop recommended actions to be taken in response to the findings.
8. Monitor daily data backups, storage and removal, test backup procedures and identify and implement needed improvements.
- WHAT TYPE OF EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A four-year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience + education is required.
- Professional certification, e.g. CISSP, CISA. is preferred
- At least 2 years of information security work experience is required, with both public and private sector experience preferred.
- The ability to work effectively in a health care setting, consensus driven organization is required, as are demonstrated personnel and information security program management skills.
- Excellent technical writing abilities are required
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 6.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
-100% employer paid LTD insurance and 3x salary life insurance
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)