WE ARE HIRING! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have dental office experience?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more about the position….
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB? Efficiently prepare patient operatories, charts, and chair side assist in professional manner. Provide quality care and services to patients by assisting dentists and other staff in clinic flow through variety of patient care, office tasks, and laboratory duties.
- Collect and record patient health histories (dental and medical) and record information for dentist’s reference prior to examination.
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills; be able to explain important procedures to patients.
- Take diagnostic radiographs
- Assist dentist chair-side by organizing and preparing instruments for dentist’s use and assisting as needed during procedures.
- Advise patients in oral hygiene and dental care.
- Follow through with post-visit duties.
- Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding patient population. Provide service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age; demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the organization in promoting dental health.
- Read, write, and maintain patient records and related administrative documentation.
- Utilize systems, technology equipment in the collection of patient data, records management and collections.
- Demonstrate knowledge and the ability to expand knowledge of dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- DA license or certificate as required by the state.
- Must obtain an 8-hour infection control certificate within 120 days of employment.
- Must have X-ray license.
- Must be able to perform chairside assist as well as take impressions.
- Must be punctual.
- Excellent communication skills–must be able to explain procedures to patients clearly and concisely.
- An understanding of HIPPA compliance.
- Must follow infection control and wear proper PPE.
- CPR certificate
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Computer charting experience
COMPENSATION: starting at $16.00 hourly
THIS IS A FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT POSITION.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY!
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)