WE ARE HIRING! Are you interested in a job where you assist people of diverse socioeconomic, racial and cultural backgrounds, in order to improve their health and well-being? Are you excited to work for a non-profit organization that deeply values its staff, and offers great benefits? Do you have dental assistant experience?
If you can answer YES! to all of the above questions, then this might be the job for you! Read on to learn more about the position….
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, 9am – 6pm
Efficiently prepare patient operatories, charts, and chair side assist in professional manner. Provide quality care and services to patients by assisting dentists and other staff in clinic flow through variety of patient care, office tasks, and laboratory duties.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AT THIS JOB?
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Ensure all patients enjoy a positive experience, and are treated with care and compassion.
2. Ensure all patient records and related documents are managed and maintained timely, accurately, and consistently with all HIPAA and related requirements.
3. Ensure all patient services and billing information is collected and submitted timely and accurately.
4. Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes, and related duties comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards, as well as clinic policies and procedures.
5. Develop favorable relationships with all patients. Instruct patients and their family members on general oral health care and/ or information related to post- treatment care as appropriate, in a friendly and professional manner.
6. Develop and establish favorable working relationships with all staff members associated with clinic operations, including Patient Services Reps (PSR), dental hygienists, dentists, and related staff.
7. Uphold and consistently represent the values and mission of the organization at all times. Represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
8. Ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures.
9. Prepare and maintain dental instruments, materials and equipment.
10. Collect and record patient health histories (dental and medical) and record information for dentist’s reference prior to examination.
11. Help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment.
12. Take diagnostic radiographs.
13. Assist dentist chair-side by organizing and preparing instruments for dentist’s use and assisting as needed during procedures.
14. Advise patients in oral hygiene and dental care.
15. Follow through with post-visit duties.
16. Provide relief and support to patient service functions and perform office duties as requested.
17. Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding patient population. Provide service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age; demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs.
18. Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the organization in promoting dental health.
19. Read, write, and maintain patient records and related administrative documentation.
20. Utilize systems, technology and equipment in the collection of patient data, records management and collections.
21. Demonstrate knowledge and the ability to expand knowledge of dental procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Radiation safety certification or successful completion of a radiation safety course.
3. 8 hour infection control
4. At least two years as a Dental Assistant
- IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU, PLEASE APPLY! *
American Indian Health & Services offers a fantastic, well-rounded employee benefits package including:
– 14 paid holidays per year
– 5.5 hours per pay period of accrued PTO
– 100% employer paid employee-only coverage on Blue Shield Medical (HMO or PPO), and Principal Dental and Vision benefit plans (eligible the 1st of the month following date of hire)
– 401k plan with 4% employer matching contribution (eligible after 90 days)
– Paid AAA membership (eligible after 90 days)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour